Clearwire Wireless page on DSLReports

Review by Snowy See Profile

• Location: Kailua,Honolulu,HI
Good "They got caught ripping me off"
Bad "Adding worthless premium features without my consent"
Overall "They cheat customers using phantom charges"

DO NOT USE Clear's Autopay option!
They think 'autopay' pay means they can auto add premium service charges without bothering to ask the customer how they feel about it.
A $9 mo overcharge that ran 4 months before the crooks got caught.
The CS believed that since they credited the $36 back to the account I should be grateful.
I am not grateful for crooks paying restitution.
Despite Clear's unclear terms & costs it does have a place as backup connection.
With RR as my goto provider a recent rash of power outages has either knocked me offline or RR offline, Clear to go has kept me online.

Clear to go has been dependable.
Not fast but dependable.
Clear to go has saved the day twice in the past year when TWC went offline.
As a backup, it's not a bad thing to have.

Trying to cancel the Clear To Go addon is not as easy as it would seem.
Clear auto-renews it, I try to cancel, they say it's been renewed, I ask them to not renew at next terms end, they renew it, I try to cancel it, they say it's been renewed, Clear auto-renews it, I try to cancel, they say it's been renewed, I ask them to not renew at next terms end, they renew it, I try to cancel it, they say it's been renewed, Clear auto-renews it, I try to cancel, they say it's been renewed, I ask them to not renew at next terms end, they renew it, I try to cancel it, they say it's been renewed, Clear auto-renews it, I try to cancel, they say it's been renewed, I ask them to not renew at next terms end, they renew it, I try to cancel it, they say it's been renewed, Clear auto-renews it, I try to cancel, they say it's been renewed, I ask them to not renew at next terms end, they renew it, I try to cancel it, they say it's been renewed, Clear auto-renews it, I try to cancel, they say it's been renewed, I ask them to not renew at next terms end, they renew it, I try to cancel it, they say it's been renewed.
Nothing is certain but death, taxes & an infinite loop of Clear To Go.

member for 11.5 years, 6504 visits, last login: a few hours ago