Velcom page on DSLReports

Review by antatar See Profile

• Location: Ottawa,ON
Good "Not sure"
Bad "Can't get my money back"
Overall "don't waste your time!"

Known about Velcom for many years; recommended them to a bunch of people as reasonable service and reasonable charges.
Was in the area where there was no Bell line, finally got back to Bell and decided to get Velcom again.
Signed up - great. Money came out of the account right away. Sales person took down the wrong contact info. Ok - no problem, let's call back to correct it. Was told to be at my place a week from the signup day, from 9am-6pm for technician to come. Ok, no problem - took a day off work, stayed from 9 to 6 in 4 walls twiddling thumbs, nobody came.
Call to cancel next day - the note from Bell technician said "nobody was available". Was asked if I'd like to reschedule. No thanks - I have better ways to spend my days off. No problem - Velcom will refund your fees.
A month later, still calling to get my money back. There's a handful of responses that I get:
- Dave/Bill/Bob (etc) will be after 4/5/6pm, so call back then.
- Somebody will call you back after 4/5/6pm.
- The money will be in your account by the end of the day/week.

Velcom - give me back my money!!!

I understand it is a small company and the long wait times on the phone. I'm all for supporting the little guys. I understand that Bell technicians short-change Velcom on the service (maybe there's a reason for that?) But I'm just curious how did they survive all those years with such a poor service, when there are so many piranhas in the tank?

Told my neighbour about the fun I've had. She told me that it's 2012 outside and we have fiber in the building from Storm.ca. Was connected the next day. Next day!!! Fiber!!! I sat down, covered my face with my hands and began to cry.

The bottom line is, this service provider is not for the faint of heart. If you sign up with them, you have to prepare yourself for a battle. I thought I was prepared, but I guess I was wrong.

Comments: