Comcast Business Class page on DSLReports

Review by rmmill3 See Profile

• Location: Littleton,Douglas,CO
Good "At this point, nothing."
Bad "Terrible Service, rude technical support, I have no choice"
Overall "Before we moved locations I loved my internet service. Now that we have issues we must look for other options."

We have moved locations and we are a home based business right now. At our old location we had a fairly good success. Now we are in our new location I am experiencing 49% packet loss from the modem, 33% packet loss from my second hop (96.168.174.1) 33% pack loss from my third hop and 54% packet loss from my fourth hop.

When I called Comcast to begin with I had an "engineer" tell me everything was fine and if I wanted someone to come out, they would charge me $99. Not only was he rude he wanted to challenge my engineering skills. He didn't want to see my logs nor hear about my setup. This went on and on until I finally escalated as high as I could go. I actually had an awesome field engineer come out and replace what he could, but I'm still stuck with this issue.

No idea what the problems are at this point but I cannot continue working this way. I'm afraid I will have to go with Century link and hope for the best. I'm very disappointed in Comcast. If you want to provide business class then understand you must support us as if this was your business.

This is the cost of having almost no competition, I have no real choice at this point in time.

Comments:
nanaki333

join:2010-08-11
Chantilly, VA
·MegaPath

Email the execs

Every time I've had a problem with Comcast, I've always responded to the last "tech" that helped me, and cc'd the CEO and other executive. Things that have gone on for weeks or even months (I have multiple business locations with Comcast), I get high level help the same or following day.

»consumerist.com/consumer/executi···0438.php
brian_roberts@comcast.com
wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

I would question your skills too...

If you have packet loss to your modem, anything beyond that is irrelevant. Who cares if you have packet loss further down the line - of course you will have packet loss further down the line.

Sounds like another self-proclaimed know it all that the Comcast tech called BS on.
rmmill3

join:2002-07-25
Denver, CO
·Comcast Business..

Re: I would question your skills too...

Wow Wirelessdog, you are SUPER helpful. The modem problem is new since the replacement of the old modem. They came and replaced the "new" modem and found out there was a line problem in two places.

But hey, take your A+ cert and go become one of them tech's. Good luck buddy.