Comcast Business Class page on DSLReports

Review by calibax See Profile

• Location: Sunnyvale,Santa Clara,CA
Good "Easy to order, trivial install, speeds generally in excess of promised"
Bad "Nothing"
Overall "Excellent service at a reasonable price"

I switched to Comcast Business Class about 10 months ago. I have a nominal 27/7 mb connection with a /29 static CIDR block. The quoted monthly cost also includes telephone service. I generally get data speeds higher than contracted (sometimes much higher).

Both the internet and telephone connections have been almost rock solid. Nagios has reported 4 outages in the 10 months of service, all between 5 and 15 minutes. This is substantially better than my experience than my previous service. I'm able to specify reverse DNS info for my web facing systems. Inbound and outbound VPNs are solid. There are no restrictions on running servers and no data caps. On the few occasions I've needed support I've had excellent help from knowledgeable techs based in the USA.

All in all, I'm happy with my data connection and the support provided by Comcast.

Update: 4/3/21014
Have updated to 50/10mb at no additional charge, although we needed to start a new 24 month contract (not terrible as we still had 19 months to run on the old contract).

In general, internet service continues to be rock solid, although we did have an outage of 5 hours one night (as recorded by Nagios). The service was back by the time the outage was noticed. Telephone service continues to be crystal clear.

We have a Cron job that runs a speed test daily. Typically, transfer rates are around 57 mb/s down and 12 mb/s up with surprisingly little variation. Pings to the Ookla Speedtest hub in San Jose, CA (about 12 miles) is usually 11 ms, although they have fluctuated between 10 and 42 ms.

Overall, we are very satisfied with the service.

Comments: