Comcast Business Class page on DSLReports

Review by evmoy15 See Profile

• Location: Federal Way,King,WA
Good "Reliable, speed is alright, only one on my tap so no congestion."
Bad "sales rep was slow in getting my appt set up"
Overall "Good reliable service, phone is crystal clear."

I moved from Eastern Washington to the Seattle area and needed an internet connection. I had Comcast business previously, and save for some crappy SMC 8014 modems, it was rock solid. I gave them a call and they offered the starter 12/2 internet and phone service for 99$ a month and they would waive the $300~ install fee. The Sales rep did not mention the ETF, but I digress.

Now. Getting the service installed was a nightmare. I was supposed to get a callback in a day or two. Never happened. Sales rep ignored my calls and emails, save for one saying I would be called.

There was about 2 weeks to get it installed. Once the date was set it was great. The installers were very knowledgeable and professional, and were willing to work with my odd setup. (5th wheel trailer). They ran a new drop from the tap of the park, and installed the SMC 8014 modem and Arris EMTA, testing the speed. I am getting over my package because I am the only Comcast user on the node for my 300+ space park, maxing the 8014 at 20/5 at times.

The initial price was 99.95 a month, but Comcast offered me a 5$ discount when Verizon talked of rolling FiOS. I will be upgrading to the 27/7 plan very soon, and expect to see speeds up to 50/5, as I did on that plan with the D3G in eastern wa. The service has had one 2 hour downtime, and Comcast called me to let me know.

I use this as my primary connection in conjuction with a CenturyLink DSL connection, with a Firebox 550X hardware firewall, and it works great.

The Comcast DV has been great as well with the Visual VM, dial up modems sync great and fax works awesome.

My only gripe is the online billing system. It uses the xfinity site, and the Comcast biz portal and xfinity login are different.

Comcast also has no complaints of my usage or my hosting.

I will post a speedtest later this evening.

Comments:
ComcastBizCT

join:2013-04-21
Norwich, CT

awesome to hear you are happy.

Thank you for the review. I just recently was hired as a business account manager in Connecticut..after years of being a technician in both coax and fiber services for another MSO in CT. I can honestly say I'm pretty proud to work for this company and can't get over the fact that everywhere I go people are generally pleased with our service!