DIRECTV page on DSLReports

Review by NYGiants See Profile

• Location: Bowling Green,Caroline,VA
Good "Service, reliablity, quality, better channel selection than dish"
Bad "Price of service"
Overall "Fraud, Fraud, Fraud (changes package without warning)"

·Verizon Broadban..
We have had direcTV for over 10 years and the signal is 100 percent all the time execpt for tornado warnings. They have the most channels(at times) but the highest price and they scammed us by raising our packages without consent. Also local channels go out when national channels are on! The installation was below average. Programming (SD) costs almost 120 bucks a month! The only channels we watch are.

- Animal Planet
- ESPN and NFL network
- TV Land
- Nick
- BET, Centric, and MTV
-BUT HAVE TO PAY 120 BUCKS!

*Highest package (automatically switched from basic to highest = WTF!

November 20th update

-Local TV outages are due to ceiling fan is on same circuit as boxes.
- Kept TV on and when light is on the box gets no signal, I then cut off the light and my channel shows up.

Comments:

Rados

Waste of time

I have been a loyal DTV customer for over 15 yrs. NO MORE!!! We are moving into a new place and the joker fielding the call for DTV was a real idiot. He kept telling me of all the FREE stuff he was throwing in and it took over 20 minutes to even get a price out of him. The specials they advertise on line didn't pertain to me and when I asked him why he had no answer. Its like he was reading from a script and didn't really know anything at all. I'M OUT!!! Can't stand dealing with this company...Look at other options first--You will be glad you did.....

angie

@frontiernet.net

Re: Waste of time

direct tv likes to harass pple even tho they make a payment plan but they still call everyday.... not good dish is better.

sucks

@fabenobgyn.com
I HAVE BEEN A COSTUMER SINCE 2004, THE PROMISSED MOVIE PACKAGE NFL SEASON TICKET WITH MOVE. I HAVE NOT SEEN NOTHING YET. 2ND ROOM TV HAS NOT WORKED SINCE 11TH AND TODAY IS 18, THERE COSTUMER SERVICE SUCKS.THEY PROMISE THEY WILL CALL WITHIN 24 HRS TO SET UP APPOINTMENT AND THEY NEVER DO. SO TODAY WHEN I GET HOME THEY WILL FIND ALL THERE EQUIPMENT BY THE ROAD. THEY HAVE HAD GOOD SERVICE I DNT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? THEY SUCK NOW.

UnhappyCust1

LIES

When I first enrolled in DirecTV I was quoted $29.99 a month for a year. I was excited! Then after the first month, the bill I recieved was $35.00. Not what I was promised, but still, not too bad. The next few months it seemed to increase 10, 15 dollars everytime. I am positive they nickel and dime you and all the while, we are clueless because they convince you to sign up for their auto draft system for $10 off per month, yet another lie. And don't get me started on the "Free HD for Life" what a crock. It dissappears and can never be reinstated if you downgrade a tier. I dropped ONE tier and *poof* it was gone. So much for free for life. I have been on the phone with them at least once per month since I became a customer, and cannot wait until my contract runs out. The customer service reps can put any discounts they want on it, it just depends on their mood when they answer your phone call. This month, my bill is $96.58. Just for tv, not internet, no DVR. Just Choice package and HD. Don't buy into their lies, it'll break the bank.
join:2012-06-11

Re: LIES

I was with DirecTV for a couple of years, their customer service is
almost nonexistent.

SD picture quality is HORRIBLE looks like you are watching a YouTube video in lowest res with lots of digital blocks...the worst, DISH has the best SD picture quality, followed by most cable outlets.

CSRs are most rude the retention ass I spoke to was absolutely the worst CSR I have EVER spoken to in my 30 years of dealing with customer service reps. The guy was yelling at me and threatening as well kept me on the phone after I had requested to cancel at least TEN times.

It was so bad I wrote a snail mail return receipt requested to the former CEO of DirecTV, someone at the executive offices signed for the letter, but I never heard ONE PEEP from anyone at the executive offices!!!!!!!

Cancelled.

I hope this scam company goes out of business.

directv lies

@mpowercom.net

direct tv lies

when i first signed up they told me that if i moved all i would have to do is bring my box and just plug it in and it would work. i moved into a house that already had a direct tv satellite on it that they actually verified that it worked and they still charged me $200 to "activate it" which meant that a guy came and pressed a button and in 2 seconds it was magically on. later on we ended up moving to an apartment complex where i could not recieve satellite because of the apartment complex and they said they would have to charge me an "early termination fee" my ass. i told them i'm just not going to pay anything at all anymore and forget about them. screw direct tv they just take you for as much money as they can get away with!

toxfinity

@clearwire-wmx.net

searching for satellite signal

For the last past month I come home from work, pick up the remote control and all I get is...you guessed it! "searching for satellite signal. I'm home this week becomes I'm not feeling well. I have on the tv but guess what I'm watching...you guessed it! "searching for satellite signal". Called customer service to no avail! I have to pay them to be my own service technician to there faulty equipment! I am done....going back to my beloved Comcast...To Xfinity And Beyond!!!!!!!!
bull16

join:2013-01-22
Roy, UT

Re: searching for satellite signal

To get free service calls you need the protection plan. if you would of had that it would cover your equiptment and you wouldnt of had to pay a fee. simple as that

gnubee

Re: searching for satellite signal

Think about how you stated that. It would have covered your equipment. It wasn't his equipment. He is being charged to rent this equipment and use it. So if you ask me this company should make sure their equipment is working properly without extra cost!!

Wiccawoman

@cvgs.net

Re: searching for satellite signal

First off, Directv does not charge a lease fee. There is a $6 mirroring fee that is applied for every additional receiver but no monthly lease fee. When you first start service you get this equipment free it is leased yes but there are no lease fees. If you want to upgrade there may be a ONE time lease fee but not a recurring lease fee. And the protection plan covers your sattelite dish even though once it is installed it is YOUR property. And to be perfectly honest if there is something wrong with your equipment along the road then it is not Directv's fault. When they sent it to you it was working fine. It's not their fault if it develops a problem down the road. Please learn your facts.

unhappy new

@spcsdns.net

sham

I have had your service for 2weeks now & I want to let everyone know how horrible your company is being run. From the poor installation to the promotional promises u made that u refuse to honor. I have had to call on 4 different occasions regarding different issues with my service & have about 7 hours of my time wasted on the phone dealing with them just to get transferred to a total of 9 people between all 4 calls. Your company can't seem to patch me threw to anyone that knows what they are doing. Your services are a sham & your ripping off hard working people. U should be ashamed. I will make sure that I recommend to everyone I talk to not to use your services!! I will send as many emails, Facebook posts, tweets, letters & even publish articles in all the local papers in my area informing people of how u treat your customers. DO NOT SIGNUP FOR DIRECTV. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF!!!
join:2012-06-11

They picked the WRONG customer to screw with! LOL

See my post above.

When I sent their CEO a certified mail return receipt requested letter I expect as a paying customer that someone will look into the matter and at least send an brief summary of their findings....I felt my account security and private information was in jeopardy with that ass clown that was handing the cancellation of my account that day. The CSR was obnoxious, threatening, possibly off shore, and sure enough my personal info was all there in front of him on the computer screen...That is why although I was being abused and blustered at by this monkey I kept my composure and level head and proceeded to not let his outrageous behavior to get the best of me even though I was the customer.

You clowns at DirecTV goofed when you dropped the ball because I at EVERY possible opportunity post my horrific experience.

Whether it is on line, in person, or on the phone, I tell EVERYONE I speak to...... NEVER to subscribe to DirecTV.

thinking

@comcast.net

scared

I am thinking of becoming a new customer after reading all these reviews I am afraid... IF I SIGN UP i want what is going to be promised to me and I dont need or ask for a lot... What can you do to make sure I get what I want or need ? And I want something in writing that if not happy or do not get what I am told I can cancel without penalty...

Re: scared - you should be

Based on my experiences, I STRONGLY advise against doing business with Direct TV. I thought my credit card would protect me from an outrageous overcharge, but they found a way around that protection. They claim that they have issued a check for the overcharge and that my card company should not have reversed the overcharge. Now, I am supposed to reimburse them for a check that I have not received - and they can't produce a copy of it. I can't prove it, but this seems like fraud and harassment to me. At best, DIRECT TV has ineffective and inefficient business practices - at worst, it perpetrates fraud against people who make the mistake of doing business with them.
NYGiants

join:2012-08-31
united state

Re: scared

directv has good service but abuses it with overcharging you, and scamming you, keep your comcast, etc.

MNComcastCus

@comcast.net
I was thinking about leaving Comcast because of the cost but after reading reviews I'm going to stay with them. They have great service and DTV has no customer service. I'd rather pay more than deal with a headache of calling them every month.

Thanks to all for your reviews.