AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by JoelTR See Profile

• Location: Carmichael,Sacramento,CA
Good "Friendly phone service, consistent speed and connection"
Bad "Had to call to receive rebates."
Overall "Thus far, consistent speed and no down time."

I considered Comcast, Surewest, and AT&T DSL. I previously have Comcast at my previous house, and I considered it for my new home. However, I decided against it because of connection down times I experienced, which was about a couple of days per month. Surewest offered similar service but a little more expensive. The maximum speed I could get with AT&T DSL is 1 Mbps.

Thus, I chose AT&T U-verse. Thus far, I'm happy with the consistent speed of 3 Mbps and no down time yet.

3/23/2011 Update: Since AT&T increased the Internet cost to $35 per month for 3 Mbps, I upgraded to 6 Mbps for an additional $5 per month. In a couple of months, I'll be looking at what Surewest can offer.

11/26/2012 Update: I upgraded to 12 Mbps at $33 per month.

11/3/2013 Update: I had a one year contract that ends on 11/5/2013. My bill has been going up. Now, AT&T is charging me $2 per month for equipment. My total bill for both Internet and voice is now over $82. It started at $69. Thus, I decided to switch over to Surewest.

Comments:

mrjoe

@sbcglobal.net

uverse tv a joke

We had att uverse installed in our home 2 weeks ago and although they knew we had four people who watch tv independently they didn't say we would have any trouble..With four TV's running in evening plus some recording many,,many times we have to watch same channel since this outdated (although new) system only allows a total of 4 functions no matter how many tvs you have.. this is a real Joke and ATT is so misleading in the millions they spend for all the commercials trying to get people to use this service