AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by GNH See Profile

• Location: Arlington,Tarrant,TX
Good "A/V Quality Better Than Dish"
Bad "Pre-Sales (Get EVERYTHING You Expect in Writing)"
Overall "Superior Product"

I'm not going into a great deal of detail, but beware of the pre-sales process. My experience was not good, but since I'm familiar with the technology, the deception and outright lies (and that is what they are) didn't create any issues. An ATT solution provider caught me at home one evening, and I decided to let him in so we could talk about the service. He made it in by telling me we were now within 300 feet of the equipment, because of some new work ATT had done in our area. {I have seen several UVerse trucks working on some equipment near our home for an extended period of time, so that seemed plausible.} Turns out, we're close enough, but not within 300 feet. Several other comments he made were not true as well. Enough said... just beware, and if you have a question, get them to put it in writing on your original work order. If they refuse, it's likely you won't get what you want in that regard.

Our install was not normal, to say the least. Techs arrived around 11A and left around 8P. It was a long day for everyone, but well worth the time. The service is operating flawlessly, and we're very pleased so far. We had DirecTV, first, then moved to Dish Network when they introduced the DVR921 HD unit; now a doorstop. So we were dish customers for 15 yrs, and we were happy with the picture quality. I was actually concerned that a switch would leave us unhappy, but not so. UVerse offers much better picture quality, especially in the area of color saturation and tint accuracy. It was a good decision.

We have the triple-play package; Max18, U450 DVR w/four STB, 2-Line Unlimited.

(10.21.10) Very happy with the service. It's nice having TV when there are heavy thunderstorms to the south or it rains. We didn't have that with the dish.

(11.8.10) Very pleased. Now have 3HD streams even though we're on the 25/2 profile, and the picture quality is still better than we had with the dish.

(01.22.13) Mostly pleased. I do wish they would take full advantage of their VoIP network, but big corps move slow; not an excuse, but such is life. On a 32/5 profile and get all of our Max Plus up/dn. Went ahead and re-signed for a year (I rarely sign contracts) so we'll revisit this page at contract's end.

Comments: