AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by milkman82 See Profile

• Location: Lakewood,Cuyahoga,OH
Good "Internet, TV video quality, Price, Upload Speeds"
Bad "Caps!"
Overall "great quality of service, poor billing and pricing"

·T-Mobile US
I wanted to try U-verse mainly for the upload speeds on the internet connection. However, I have noticed the overall internet connection is GREAT! Not just on the speed but also on the QOS. My Cox cable has about the same speed download, but is terrible with latency on YouTube and various sites load timing.

I was honestly surprised over all of the internet and tv quality. Just wish we did not have to use a RG to connect the service. The RG really does well overall, just bulky and I can't own it!

The guy who came out to install the service did a great job as well. I showed him where I wanted the RG and he had no problem with that. He made a very clean cat5 line in the basement and rather than drill a hole in the floor and run the cable though the hole. He ran it in between the wall and to a port he installed on the wall. Much better than the cable installers! Now, to just enjoy the service!

Update 11/8/2010

Had a few issues over the past couple weeks. However, AT&T direct forums were able to solve the issue. Still on the 24Max tier and enjoying service.

Update 9/24/2011

Service has been running smooth only had one day outage since the last problem almost a year ago. However, my feeling is the service went from a great value to middle of the road. I can't justify a good price with the low caps and increase in modem rental fees.

member for 8.3 years, 1470 visits, last login: a few hours ago