AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by parkut See Profile

• Location: Clinton Township,Macomb,MI
Good "installer arrived on day promised, left with services working"
Bad "RG went bad after two weeks, (no dial tone)"
Overall "too soon to say better or worse than cable"

·WOW Internet and..
*** Update 04/01/13 ***
No changes in service, speed and quality unchanged. My only complaint - we recently had price increase, now paying $200 / month for 6 meg profile, HD dvr, plus one remote STB and u-200 package. Pricey, starting to consider a change to something less expensive

*** Update 09/27/12 ***
Speed is checked regularly with speedtest.net, almost always 5.5 meg down, .95 meg up. Service has been very reliable, have not had any problems.

*** April 2011 ***
After endless promotions, mailbox leaflets, television advertisements and the thought VOIP triple play would save our household some money, we signed up. The agent at the brick and mortar store nearby walked thru our options, and sold the package including U-200 with the 6 meg down/1 meg up internet service and telephone.

Equipment: TwoWire 3800HGV-B residential Gateway, Belkin Battery Backup - Rev. "B", DVR is Motorola VIP1216

One of the disappointments so far is the program guide is relatively slow to display, and searching for a program some time in the future using the on screen menu is painfully slow. Our prior cable company guide allowed you to select the day, making it easier to pick something next week. (U-Verse allows remote management of the DVR via the web, - very, very nice!)

Out of the box, the DHCP server in the RG assigned computers new IP's and the process was simple enough. Since I already had a wireless access point set up, I disabled that feature in the 2wire. I can't put my finger on it, but believe slight lag in loading web pages was due to the AT&T dns servers. Switched to OpenDNS and things seem much snappier.

The installer was pleasant, and the experience was good. Even with a late Saturday afternoon scheduled install, I was very surprised when the installer consulted with a line tech and they arranged for a new aerial to be run on Saturday evening (7pm) to improve the line specs. According to U-VerseRealtime, we are 2,200 feet from the VRAD.

On the TV, there is occasional pixelation, but about the same as our prior cable company, so no better or worse there.

Cannot say after 21 days of service, whether this is better/worse/ or about the same. On price alone, I would have to say better.

member for 12.7 years, 6560 visits, last login: a few hours ago