AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by av9116 See Profile

• Location: San Francisco,San Francisco,CA
Good "Reliable connection."
Bad "CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!"
Overall "Switched to another ISP because of the caps."

From DSL to U-verse, very good, reliable connection. But the data cap is the killer. Even if the cap was 10TB, I would still switch. The fact that they even thought of implementing caps is idiotic.

EDIT: Sonic.net FTMFW!!!

UPDATE: July 5, 2011...
Received a notice for a $90 ETF, BS! No matter how far you try to stay away from this company, they still have a way to suck more money out of you.

UPDATE: July 15, 2011...
Called AT&T on July 11 about the ETF and said I broke the 1-year contract...blah, blah, blah. I immediately filed a complaint with the BBB. I got a call from AT&T saying they're giving me a "1-time credit" for the $90 ETF, insinuating they're doing me a favor. Ridiculous!!!! We'll see if this sticks or not.

UPDATE: March 29, 2012
The $90 ETF retraction from AT&T did stick. Haven't heard from them since then. This service was at my parent's place, pretty soon, I'll be cancelling my Sonic.net DSL (sorry) which requires an AT&T phone line, so my money won't be entering into their pockets anymore.

member for 12.7 years, 860 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

freakout9903
join:2001-04-19
Gastonia, NC
·NetTalk

Caps?

U-verse doesn't have caps/overage charges, although there is a mention of a 250gb limit, it is not enforced. Many users report going over this limit on a monthly basis, including myself with no warnings/charges. Apparently they don't have an accurate way to track usage, and this is even mentioned if you try to look at your usage on AT&T's website.

So I am not quite sure why you would jump ship for that reason alone.
av9116

join:2001-12-17
South San Francisco, CA

Re: Caps?

AT&T = "Attempting" to implement caps, but doesn't have the competence to do it.

Sonic.net = NO CAPs AT ALL AND NO PLANS AT ALL to implement caps.

»corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/03/23/dr···he-caps/
»corp.sonic.net/ceo/2011/12/02/web-hogs/

So, yeah, I jumped ship for that reason alone.

And once again, the fact that they "thought" about implementing it is idiotic. I'm making a statement with my wallet.

AT&T-free FTMFW!!!