AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by o2cool8 See Profile

• Location: Miami,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "Internet is stable at 12/2"
Bad "HD Picture"
Overall "If you care about picture quality, go with cable or satellite"

I had U-verse 300 with HD, home DVR, and all the premiums plus HD extra channels for about two weeks. I couldn't take it anymore, picture quality extremely bad, especially for high action programs/movies. I even had the tech look at how bad the "HD" channels looked before he left during the initial installation, and he said that's how it is. There is nothing wrong with the line or connection and I have an excellent signal. Coming from Comcast, the picture difference is night and day. I couldn't justify keeping the service any longer and canceled within the 30 day money back guarantee.

member for 12.2 years, 1309 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

Pissed

@mycingular.net

U-verse Customer Service

I would like to share with you the dissatisfaction I received by trying to place a call to 1-800-288-2020
on a Saturday afternoon before I lost my patience & hung up. I was put on hold for 34 minutes while the "Customer Service Representatives were assisting other callers thank you for your patience". Apparently the quality of customer service is definitely not high speed & of disservice to us all.
MoneyT8

join:2014-02-16
united state

Re: U-verse Customer Service

I recently called that number on a Saturday as well and received pretty bad service. Although it was probably with that specific rep. She told me that I had called 5 times that month and was it regarding and the same issue; I can call back as many times as I please. I'm not sure if it's like that everywhere but I will not most certainly tolerate it.

Eagle1

@sbcglobal.net
I called that number yesterday and was put thru to someone in the Phillipines, she couldn't answer any of my questions, she could only read from a script. I was calling because they increased my service; ridicuously increased it: her only response was to upgrade and I'm like "what?", I'm trying to lower my bill, not increase it! I'm asking my friends what provider they use and most are responding: Xfinity. I think I'll give them a call!