AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by cmarslett See Profile

• Location: Pflugerville,Travis,TX
Good "Equipment arrived earlier than I expected"
Bad "Modem never connects to the Uverse endpoint"
Overall "I'm using Clear now!"

I have looked into all my three options since AT&T disconnected me from DSL: U-verse, SuddenLink (cable) and Clear (wireless). Of the three, I have to say that U-verse is the worst. It's also the cheapest. When I tried to self-install, the procedure appeared to be fine until the modem tried to connect to the AT&T U-verse endpoint. It just gets a failure to connect every 15 seconds. And no one on phone support has any idea other than to send a technician out to check my wiring and equipment. OK, it worked 8 hours earlier when they disconnected my DSL service. Nothing changed but the modem and whatever is supposed to be hooked onto their end. My opinion is that they just haven't reconnected me to the U-verse box! Total inability to listen or to explain. Clear just works!

Comments:
cmarslett

join:2006-11-22
Pflugerville, TX
·Clearwire
·T-Mobile US
·NetTalk
·Clear Wireless
·Clearwire Wireless

Not very promising response,...

I sent the 2-wire box back Saturday, after looking at the phone wire signal with the box plugged in (it looks like an open circuit to me, floats at 60 Hz when I touch it, otherwise, looks like white noise).

And in response to my reason for returning the box and cancelling the service (my complaint that it never worked at all) I got a letter where they tried to sell me TV service again. No one even looked at what I said.

I am just not the customer they want.