AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by arobincaron See Profile

• Location: Charlotte,Mecklenburg,NC
Good "Excellent internet service"
Bad "HD TV service did not work reliably at first"
Overall "A solid service"

I ordered U-Verse 18Mbps service with U-Verse TV U-Family package for a total of $80 including taxes for 6 months. This service replaces AT&T ADSL 6Mbps service and DirecTV. Those two services (including phone) were costing me ~ $170/month. I moved my phone service to voip.ms for ~$10/month.

The installation took about 2 hours and was painless. The installer went out of his way to make sure I was satisfied. After he left I reconfigured the 3801HGV gateway to turn off wireless and PNA interfaces and setup my existing wireless N router as a DMZ device. That works fine.

I left on a business trip the day after installation so I did not get to use it much. During my trip my wife reported that the TV was breaking up. AT&T support wanted to send a technican to work the issue out. The technician ended up replace everything from the demarc back to my TV (wiring, gateway, DVR). With those changes TV service has been good.

Internet service has been reliably give me ~17Mbps/1.5Mbps. I am very satisfied with it.

Comments: