AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by techguyga See Profile

• Location: Cumming,Forsyth,GA
Good "Installation techs, picture quality, internet speeds, equipment"
Bad "Nothing yet"
Overall "Great product offering!"

I have to say that so far, I am completely impressed. I have been a DirecTV customer for 14 years and was fed up with their contract renewal policy, so I decided to try Comcast. I live in a very rural area, and these have been my only choices.

After spending 6 days, including almost 17 hours on the phone with Comcast tech support, and 4 hours standing in their local office, I was almost ready to give up and switch back to satellite. Just for fun, I checked the availability page on the U-verse site and to my surprise, it was available!

I ordered at 6:45pm on Monday, and my install appointment was set from 9-11 the very NEXT MORNING. The outside tech called 10 minutes prior to arrival (9am) and was very courteous. He pulled new cable to my house from the street (900+ feet). He verified that the signal was good and started packing up.

I then received a call from the inside tech 10 minutes prior to arrival (10am). He was also very courteous and professional. He discussed placement of the equipment, told me exactly what he was about to do, said it would take about 2.5 hours, and set about his work.

At 12:15, he was sitting down with me on the couch and explaining my package, how it operates, and all the controls and equipment. At 12:30, he was on his way, exactly as promised.

I have only had the service for a couple of days now, but internet speeds are as advertised and the TV picture quality is exquisite. I am a happy customer so far.

2wire 3801HGV RG
Cisco IPN4320 DVR
Cisco ISB7005/VEN401 Wireless receiver/AP
U300 - HD - 18/1.5Mb internet

****UPDATE - 22-October-2012****

Since service was installed a little over 2 months ago, we have had zero issues, no calls to tech support, and could not be happier with our service. Internet speeds are exactly where they should be, and picture quality is still excellent. No drops in either service. Billing is accurate each month with proper discounts applied. Still a very happy customer.

****UPDATE - 2-May-2014****

No technical issues at all since my last update. I've done a few changes to my package and lost some of my promotional pricing, so my bill is getting on the hefty side now, hence the drop in the value rating. We will hopefully be moving in the next few weeks and the new area unfortunately does not have service. I can truly say that I will miss it once we're gone. Bundle now includes U-300, Power Internet and home phone.

member for 10.8 years, 1240 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

guygettinguv

@spcsdns.net

anxious

Ill bet getting uverse set up tomorrow. Will post all aspects if service connection, speeds customer service and hospitality.