AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by cb14 See Profile

• Location: Miami Beach,Miami-Dade,FL
Good "It works most of the time"
Bad "Expensive ,unpleasant to deal with ATT, deceptive, chaotic billing, customer service miserable"
Overall "We do not have a real choice."

It is difficult to separate a review of ATT U-verse from ATT. And the "new" ATT is a disaster. ( "New" because it has nothing to do with the old ATT and is rather Southwestern Bell/SBC in sheep's clothes.)

Advertisement is deceptive. You cannot rely on anything the sales people tell you.

Reliability is relatively good- we just had a 4 days outage with near zero communication from the company.

Customer service and billing are horrible. Just to get to the customer service through their terrible phone system is a challenge. Technical support is somewhat better, but if you have any problem with the gateway for which is no documentation available and they have the feeling that you are using other companies' VOIP they will not tell you anything. The gateway id proprietary, you have no choice in price or brand. It seems to have some software bugs and sometimes spontaneously resets and gives wrong readings.It is VOIP hostile tom the extend that you have to keep it DMZ with the result that you cannot connect more than one VOIP adapter.Or get an additional router and connect it to it when DMZ and use it only as a pass through and space heater( 51W consumption in stand by mode)

from the promised 18mbit down I get about 12 down and 1.5 up. The price is $ 48/ month, but that's a special and will go up to $ 56.-

For comparison : A number of European ISP provide far cheaper and better service.

I am not a happy customer but the only alternative is Comcast with it's insane pricing and miserable service for residential customers. My color bar ratings are much more optimistic than they would be if we had a real choice.

member for 1.8 years, 673 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

David

Can we help?

Can we assist you with this issue?

cb14

·DIRECTV
·AT&T Midwest
·magicjack.com
·Google Voice
David, an AT&T direct tech. We have an AT&T direct forum here.

»AT&T Direct

you can send me an IM with this link: »Site FAQ »IMs and Privacy

cb14

join:2013-02-04
Miami Beach, FL

Re: Can we help?

I actually tried to send you a message but I have not received any reply yet.

Granite City, IL
via IM or email? tried looking for cb14 in among the 221 messages cleaned out and it wasn't in there.

if it was in email can you resend it?