AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by DarienRedSox See Profile

• Location: Darien,Fairfield,CT
Good "Whole House DVR works great, Boxes are responsive"
Bad "Price goes up when promo is up"
Overall "We will see"

PT aackage: U-200 (was U-Family but they upgraded me), 3Mbs Internet, 250Min Phone. Install done in Aug. of 2011

Website was easy to order and set up the install appointment

Installer was great, it dose take a wile to get an appointment though, about 60 days at the time of the order. AT&lso messed up my order so the installer was on the phone with the office trying to fix it. Install ended up taking most of the day

Connection Reliability
Only went out once for about 5 to 10 min. in Sandy AT&T gave me credit for the whole day.

Tech Support
Called about a DVR issue, first time I got disconnected the the person did not call me back at the callback number. Second call the person was more helpful and put in a request for a tech to come out. When tech came out they had given him all of the wrong information, once again on site tech was great, he wound up giving me an upgraded DVR unit.

Value for money
Like any thing in TV, Internet, and Phone these days, the price was cheap to begin with and went up as soon as the contract ended. Was able to talk them down once, but not a second time. Will be switching to cable because of the price. I will be comparing thee DVR to the U-verse DVR once I get it installed.

Update: 2/17/2013
Called to disconnect, was told that the phone rep I talked to last week should have given me a better deal, if so I would have stayed. Too late though because the cable installer disconnected a bunch of the U-verse wiring. If AT&T comes back to me with a better price (under $100 a month) as well as sends a tech out at no charge to fix the wiring that Cablevision disconnected I would be happy to switch back.

Update: 3/02/2013
Called back to reorder two weeks ago. Got service reinstalled yesterday. Installer was great, one or two issues with the outside lines and the iNID which took a wile to resolve. AT&T even through in a wireless box.

Update: 4/30/2013
So far so good. Install took a wile, some of the original equipment had gone bad in a lighting strike and needed to be replaced. Tech took his time at the install making sure everything looked good and all cables were organised. Tech. even through in a wireless box at no additional charge. Also got an updated DVR with more storage space. All of this and I only have the basic plan.

Had one issue on my first bill which I was being charged for a 2nd box which was suppose to be free for a year. I called about and the rep was happy to take care of it, and even through in an additional credit on my current bill.

Update: 12/9/2013
Still loving the service, I get lots of stations that cable in my area dose not carry, including BYU-TV, INSP, DIY, I would say that about 50% of my TV usage is on these stations. My internet speed is almost 8MBs even though I am only paying for 6. Had one issue back in July which was handled very well.

Update: 10/23/14
Still happy, there is a "cap" at 250 GB a month but it is not enforced. We in CT are being sold out to Frontier so I will see how that goes.

member for 1.7 years, 366 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

CV

CV should not have disconnected any wiring that belongs/ed to AT&T. If you sign back up- AT&T will make you pay for that since you had it disconnected by a non-authorized person/company.
DarienRedSox

join:2013-02-10
Darien, CT

Re: CV

AT&T had no issues reconnecting the wiring that was removed. The even left all of the stuff the CV guy had done active.
TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

Re: CV

They had no issues now, but I wouldn't bet anything on that later.