AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by grcore See Profile

• Location: usa
Good "Uptime has been excellent so far"
Bad "Deals only last so long, RG's have limited options, upstream is not great"
Overall "I would keep it if they kept the price down"

Have had U-verse for 9 months, uptime has been excellent, perhaps that is due to being close to the RT. Their gateways are limited, wish they had a bridge mode, and not some baloney DMZ. I have WiFi shut off on the RG, use my own router, and forward the ports I need.

I do not have video service, and I bought the RG on ebay for $20, so i sent the $100 RG they gave me back for a refund (even though they were not supposed to send one, they did).

I had some initial trouble after the install, but that was to the daisy chained inside wiring in the house. I ran a separate cat5e from the NID to my modem and the connection has been rock solid.

The tech that did the install appeared to do things right, and reterminated everything in the NID with new parts. (no more rj11 jack in the NID, they put in IDC termination gear).

Overall its been a pleasant experience, if they can keep the price down after this 12mo. deal, I would keep it. But I doubt they would make me any offers other than adding TV service (which I have no use for). I get offers every week from them to add video service, it must be a money maker for them.

member for 10.8 years, 4815 visits, last login: a few hours ago