AT&T U-Verse page on DSLReports

Review by Mr Fel See Profile

• Location: Louisville,Jefferson,KY
Good "Works Great, Get Full Speed"
Bad "Caps, order screw up"
Overall "Past initial install works fine."

·AT&T DSL Service
02/03/14 Finally got my own place, and with that my own hsia connection. Being a UVerse tech is nice with the employee discount, went with only the Max (12Mbps) hsia package since it is the fastest that can be ordered for a self install. No need for the tv service, get all of my content online or just buy season box sets. Got my own 5031NV from work and took care of all the wiring inside my apartment. My coworker pulled the facility ticket and had sync for me in under half an hour from his arrival at the xbox and onto to the pedestal serving the mdu. He did have to smart chat in however, whoever wrote my order put it in wrong and locked up the account so that service would not flow through. So he contacted order management and got that fixed. From time of arrival to finish was just a little under an hour. Getting my full speed on ethernet, about half on wifi, to be expected in mdu's, will probably buy a 5Ghz access point to bypass the slow 2.4Ghz speeds. Will contact sales again now that I have the service up and upgrade to Max Plus (18M). Most of the time on pure ethernet it will pull 20M+ down, worth the extra $10 a month I believe, and by going the csi route don't have to pay for the fti either. Not a fan of the caps though, but still a soft cap from what I've seen.

member for 6.3 years, 2772 visits, last login: a few hours ago