Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by daeron See Profile

Good "Excellent product, amazing customer service"
Bad "Having to wait for Rogers to provision my modem"
Overall "You won't be disappointed, sign up today!"

May 24, 2012 Original review

Package: Advanced Cable Internet
Speed: 28 Mbps download and 1 Mbps upload
Usage: 300 GB
Price: $49.95
Modem: Purchased my own

I called in to Rogers on April 11th to give them my one month notice and ordered the Start service for May 11th.

On the day of my switch over there was an issue. I called in to see what was up, I waited no longer than 30 seconds before talking to someone. They were polite, straightforward and knew exactly what to do and what to look for. Low and behold Rogers for whatever reason didn't provision my modem correctly, I was stuck in their walled garden. My case was sent up to the provisioning team to get Rogers to put my modem on the network.

I called up the next day and there had not been an update from Rogers. I updated my situation on DSLR and Rocca picked up on it almost instantly. He asked me to email him the updates and from that point on he personally kept me in the loop on what was happening with my account. It had to be escalated once more with Rogers, but I was up and running on the 15th.

The service has been fantastic. On rogers they had provisioned my modem as a D2 (even though it's a D3) and had capped my speed regardless of what package I was on. On Start I'm actually receiving the speed I'm paying for. I went from a 120GB cap to a 300GB for 10 bucks less than what I was paying for.

The support was awesome. You never want to have to call in, but when you do you want someone who is polite and knowledgeable. Start support is that and more, they seem to genuinely care about your situation and want to help in whatever way possible.

I highly recommend this service, I can't say enough good things. It's so nice to finally be free from Rogers and on an ISP who actually cares about their customer.

Will update again in a couple months.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Update August 9th, 2012

So it's been almost three months and I wanted to leave a little update. I have had zero issues since being with Start. My speeds have been consistent and my connection has been rock solid. Highly recommend.

member for 1.9 years, 445 visits, last login: a few hours ago