Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by taytong888 See Profile

• Location: Nepean,ON
Good "Excellent customer care"
Overall "Highly recommended"

My current ISP is re-selling Bell's DSL 5mbps down, but I could get at most 2-2.5 Mbps due to distance to CO. Decided to try cable internet with Start Communications based on positive comments and the fact the Company has an aggregated POI including my area, thus avoiding the problems Teksavvy has with Rogers. I had previously enquired by emails and was promptly replied by Start every time. I ordered Standard cable package with 18 Mbps down, 512 kbps up, 200 GB cap for CDN$ 39.95 plus taxes, pay as you go monthly. I use own Motorolla SB5101N DOCSIS 2 modem.

I placed the order on June 12 at lunch by email, then around 4 PM a Start employee called to confirm the appointment time and date which was June 18 between 8 and 11 AM. Initially I was concerned a labor strike by Rogers on June 18 may scuttle my appointment but rocca at Start assured me I would be taken care of. A Rogers contractor showed up around 9 AM June 18 and installed my cable within 15 minutes. Initially I was not able to get Internet. Had to go through 2 technicians within 3 hours but I was able to get online later, discovering my own router has a problem. The next morning another technician called to say he opened a ticket with Rogers but I told him problem was already solved.

My actual speed test results varied between 14 and 30 Mbps down, 0.5 Mbps up.

What struck me the most is the excellent customer service! I highly recommend Start Communication.

Comments: