Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by khronlk See Profile

• Location: Sarnia,ON
Good "Stable, Consistant Speeds, Fair Caps!"
Bad "Caps could be slightly higher but fair."
Overall "Best ISP I have had ever."

Update: Been with Start for about 6 or 7 months now, everything has been going great, my city was just upgraded to DOC3 so I figured I would now give a perfect score for services as well now that better speeds are here and packages seem fair(Although more cap space is always good!)

I am so happy there is finally a alternative to Cogeco, I waited years for Teksavvy to make their way to my city with cable internet but nothing ever came of it and when I seen Start was available in my city I almost got giddy about it. I checked with Start to see what the best way to switch over from Cogeco and they let me know exactly what to do, I followed it the way they told me and surprisingly everything went perfectly smooth which I am not used to dealing with an ISP, I literally had maybe 1-2 minutes of downtime in the switch, I plugged in the modem.. reset my router and bam! I was on Start.

Right now I have 0 complains with Start, my connection is actually more stable with Start then it was with Cogeco which is kinda odd but my daily modem reboots have pretty much disappeared. Also I am paying less monthly with a bigger cap and about the same speed which is great and hopefully at some point my city gets upgraded and I can switch to the 20/1.5 tier!

member for 4.8 years, 1505 visits, last login: a few hours ago