Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by nbinont See Profile

• Location: Alliston,ON
Overall "Stable solid connection"

·TekSavvy Cable
·Bruce Telecom
Switched my parents over from DSL a month or so after Start began offering services in their area.

Rocca provided phenomenal pre-sales information - mostly on the forums here. He even knew the answers to the more difficult routing and ping time questions (phantom ping, anyone?). Rocca basically sold me on it.

Modem arrived and install happened on time. During install, the tech only tested downstream signal strength and assumed everything was fine. Unfortunately something was wrong with the cable to the house and upstream was dead. A quick phone call describing the problem and a truck roll and we had a new line installed to the house! (A few weeks later when the weather was warmer, they came back and buried the line.)

Connection has been stable and solid ever since. Very pleased. I would strongly recommend Start Communications.

**** Update Sept 2013
Switched to Start myself. Install was a bit rough over the weekend (as it was a TPIA transfer with no CRTC process in place at the moment). Rocca properly escalated the modem activation and we got online shortly after.

Once connected, the connection has been as expected - stable and reliable.

Cost is more expensive than my previous provider for my usage - really wish the plans had an extra 50-100GB of transfer.

member for 3.4 years, 705 visits, last login: a few hours ago