Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by blendermf See Profile

• Location: Stratford,ON
Good "Speed, Setup, Reliability, Support"
Bad "None as of yet."
Overall "All that I could have hoped for."

Just switched to Start from Teksavvy (not because there was anything wrong with Teksavvy, they just don't have cable in my area).

Sign up was painless. I screwed up and submitted the wrong email, sent a support ticket, was fixed by the time business hours rolled around again (it was late when I signed up). Loved that support.

The technician came hooked us up as scheduled, and started working within minutes, with great speeds (so far faster than what the plan actually is).

I do have a cap now, because I have the faster plan, so that's one thing I need to worry about, but 300GB is fine (and now there is actually a plan that is 4mbps faster, with another 100GB, I may switch to that).

The modem works great, although I had to get a new router (it wasn't getting anywhere close to the throughput that the modem was putting out, it's kinda old).

Overall, the support is great, setup was painless, and I love the performance. I'm roughly getting 30+ Mbps, and that's about 10x what I was actually getting before. Could not be happier.

(Also, I would like to point out how happy I am that someone other than Rogers supports cable here now, because I was pretty desperate, and unreliable DSL[Bell's fault, not Teksavvy's] was driving me nuts)

Comments: