Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by IEXPLORER See Profile

• Location: Sarnia,ON
Good "Very smooth installation, very fast, very low ping, great cap, very happy customer"
Bad "That I didn't switch to Start sooner"
Overall "Gentlemen Start your ordering, this is a great ISP"

Place the order online on Oct 26th with an install date of Nov 2 (1 week was the earliest for install).
Received email reflecting this
The next day received a call to confirm the order and to say that the modem DCM476 was shipping out.
The modem was recieved on Oct 30.
The Tech showed up at approx 1pm on Nov 2 and was done the install quickly (20 min).
The modem worked right away after plugging it in.
The next day I received a call from Start to ask how the install went and to see if I need help with anything (I missed the call but they left a message).

This was the smoothest install I have ever had, I really didn't even need to talk to anyone. It was done on time and it worked.

I purchased the advanced cable internet which was rated for 16 Mbps down and 1 Mbps up. I was expecting that I might get a bit faster than that because of the new lines in the neighborhood but was completely floored when the speed test came up with 32 down and 2 up with a 5ms ping. This has been very stable for the past 6 days.
I have mounted the Technicolor DCM476 vertically and it runs alot cooler than I expected.

Overall the only bad thing I can say is that I should have switch to Start months sooner. Don't make the same mistake I did.........switch isp's now.

Comments: