Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by coaxguy See Profile

• Location: St Catharines,ON
Good "Leading class customer service, best available value/dollar"
Bad "Recently lowered (but still spacious) bandwidth caps"
Overall "A dedicated, customer oriented local ISP"

·Bell Fibe
I heard about Start many months ago, and was skeptical at first that it was too good to be true. They offered the same leading class speed as the big ISP around here (Cogeco), but much roomier caps, and a much cheaper and unbundled rate.

I have turned 3 people onto Start now, including 2 family members. My family turned to me as being the super tech in the family for help. Both tired of Bell and Cogecos expensive services and underwhelming performance. I recommended Start based on what I have heard on DSLreports.

Keep in mind, that being a former technician, I installed brand new coax from the drop, to where the modem would be going, as well as a new ground. I am always leery of contractors working for Cogeco getting 3rd party inet orders.

From the order (super pleasant young lady).
To the confirmation (again, another polite young woman).
To the after install call (another courteous individual).
Everything went so smooth.

The modems came 1 business day after the order, and in one case, where the drop was already connected, the service worked a day before the activation.

Speed is always 20/2.

Overall, an amazing ISP with a bright future. Couldn't recommend them more. Don't hesitate, switch today!!!

Comments: