Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by JezHar See Profile

• Location: Brantford,ON
Good "Easy switch over from Rogers"
Bad "Had to wait 30 days due to Rogers 30 day cancellation policy"
Overall "Good value and better speed than Rogers"

I have been frustrated with Rogers for years. At one time we had all our services through them, with the bundled discounts. Prices just kept going up. Yes, they did increase speeds but I never seemed to benefit much from those increases. One increase in speed I did not get for a year, because I was never notified that I needed a new modem to realize that gain. When I called to cancel my service with Rogers, they offered me an upgraded package at a 50% discount for 1 year. I almost accepted, but when I stated that increasing my speed wasn't helpful as I was only getting an average of 18 Mbps instead of the 45Mbps I was paying for, I was told it was because I needed another extra special modem to get it?!? I just went through that same thing less than a year ago. That frustrated me so much it helped me decide to stay strong and cancel.

I ran speed tests yesterday on my new service and I am averaging between 37 Mbps and 42 Mbps. I'm on the 35 Mbps plan with Start. Needless to say, I am very impressed! I now only have my wireless plan with Rogers, only 2 years left on that contract and then bye bye for all. No more cable, home phone, and internet with sub-par services and high prices. I'm pretty sure Rogers was throttling my speeds, I don't know how else to explain why the better speed with start, when I am paying for a lessor package than I was with Rogers.

The day I was switched over to Start.ca, they called to make sure everything was running smooth and did I have any questions or concerns about service.

I also find it comforting to see Rocco on here to help with concerns. I have been wanting to drop Rogers for internet for some time, thank you Start.ca for coming to my area so I could make that dream a reality!

Comments: