Review by Motofreak
Good "Great prices, half decent amount of bandwidth fast customer support!"
- Location: Oshawa,ON
- Cost: $60 per month
Bad "I wish I found them sooner! They need to advertise!"
Overall "Start saving money from the big bad Robellus!"
|Pre Sales information:|
Value for money:
(ratings match consensus)
Sign up/Connection date: Feb 12th,2013
Transfered from Rogers
Provisioning of my own cable modem took longer then I hoped (2 days) but that's Rogers screwing with me one final time! I made 4 calls to support/billing and wait times took less than one minute for each call! (beat that Teksavvy)
Overall 95% happy, the other 5 % is that, I find there maybe peering issues with some of the routes Start.ca is using to connect to my servers from Europe. the route goes between Start>HE.net>Leaseweb, but I'll need more time to figure what is causing some of the connections to be very slow at times.
I have about 50+ people that are waiting to sign up and they will be waiting a month for me to recommend Start.ca to them. After that last horror story I had dealing with Teksavvy, I don't blame every one for waiting.
So far for Start.ca is very serious about their services that they offer. USA peering is very good to my vpn servers and many other east coast data centers that I use,
It's a true alternative to Rogers.
member for 4.6 years, 2262 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 1 year ago