Start Communications page on DSLReports

Review by teddy See Profile

• Location: Kingston,ON
Good "Good service, friendly support, great price."
Bad "I didn't switch sooner."
Overall "Switch today!"

·Cogeco Cable
I ordered their "Standard Cable Internet" for $39.95 + $5 modem rental. Switch from Cogeco, calling them first to get a cancellation date & Start to set an activation date. The date of switch over was a Saturday and painless.

Had my Start modem within a week, installation was a breeze. No tech needed, no phone call or anything. An agent called me the day of switch over to make sure everything went ok and asked if I had any questions/concerns which I did not. It was a nice touch to have them follow up with me.

150gb cap is a bit low. My understanding is that this is because Cogeco charges an arm & leg for TPIA services. I use Netflix regularly so I keep it at medium quality to avoid HD as a precaution. Overage is only $0.50/GB, half of what it was when I was on Cogeco.

Start doesn't meter upload data (good for Bittorrent) and there is an unlimited window between 2am and 8am which I use to schedule large downloads.

Have had 2 coworkers switch over and use me as a referral for a $25 credit each time.

My only complaint is not having switched sooner!

Update: July 2014. Still very happy, have referred more people to them now and everyone is very happy with the switch. Plan I'm on is no longer offered, but equivalent is $5 more with 50GB data. All plans now offer an unlimited option which was not the case when I signed up.

member for 12.6 years, 3157 visits, last login: a few hours ago