Verizon Wireless Broadband page on DSLReports

Review by lordpuffer See Profile

• Location: Rio Rancho,Sandoval,NM
Good "Great Signal Where I Live!"
Bad "Phone Has Been Giving Me Some Problems"
Overall "Good Service, But Problems With My Droid Pro"

·CableOne
I had the iPhone with AT&T. I had pretty good service where I live. However, I got tired of the iPhone (which I do pretty quickly with a cell phone), and wanted to get the Droid Pro with Verizon. I liked it for it had the Blackberry type keyboard, and one of the latest Android OS's.

Well, I'm on my third Droid Pro. The first one just didn't work properly. The second one would re-boot by itself constantly. The third one was working fine, now it is starting to re-boot by itself. I can say though, that the Network is good, and I haven't dropped a call yet.

If the Droid Pro continues to re-boot by itself, I'm going to try to talk to Verizon to get the HTC Thunderbolt (when it comes out), at the new customer price. Whether or not they will let me, I'll have to see.

UPDATE: 3/17/11 I exchanged my defective Droid Pro for another new one. The Verizon store Manager was very understanding. I also purchased an extended battery. Now, this fourth one works fine.

UPDATE 3/25/11 After my 5th Droid Pro started re-booting by itself, VZ sold me the HTC Thunderbolt at a new customer price. Certain things didn't work properly on it (Tier 2 Tech Support told me it was defective, and to exchange it at a VZ store), the store would not exchange it, so I returned it and canceled my service.

member for 10.2 years, 3346 visits, last login: a few hours ago