Bright House page on DSLReports

Review by willzzz See Profile

• Location: Novi,Oakland,MI
Good "A+ Customer Service, Support"
Bad "Downtime"
Overall "Pretty good service for the price paid"

UPDATE: 02/19/2011: They launched wideband (DOCSIS-3.0) here with down-stream bonding and it's AWESOME! I'm on the Turbo package (20Mb down, +10Mb power-boost) and I'm getting 18-19Mb most of the time now with D3 doing congestion relief. Upstream is still QAM16 which I hope changes to QAM64 with 4 upstream bonds soon (which knowing BHN they will probably do that for business customers only...). Anyways thank you BHN for the AWESOME SERVICE! XD

I have the triple play for 2 years so far and it's been excellent. No problems except for minor downtime in the middle of the night but I guess that's maintenance. No other problems except for 2 big outages in which the latest one the WHOLE COUNTY went down for 30 minutes according to their customer service. Dunno what happened. Anyways for the price paid the service is pretty good. I only wish their VoIP/Digital Phone service was cheaper (switching soon, not so good value for money). Except for that it's great. HSI is rock solid except the quoted speed of 7Mbps can drop to 2-4Mbps during heavy volume at night/peak times.

UPDATE: 10/19/2010: The downtime seems to be less and less, I just upgraded to Turbo and got my triple play cost reduced to $99/month (+$15 for Turbo after 6 months, +$10 for first six months). I'm still waiting for Wideband/DOCSIS-3.0 here in the MI market.

member for 7.2 years, 1263 visits, last login: a few hours ago