Bright House page on DSLReports

Review by stanjohn See Profile

• Location: Birmingham,Jefferson,AL
Good "better than AT&T"
Bad "poor customer service"
Overall "with only two bad providers to pick from guess they are next to last"

They publish a national number but always transfer you to a local office so you get to experience two different automated phone answering systems. Been dropped several times they never call back. They start a new with each call, they don't keep notes. The web site is unusable except to make payments, or see a summary of your last bill. Office is in a very bad part of town, they have a security guard if you can get inside and the tellers are protected by bullet proof glass. My one trip was to return their modem they claim that was the only way.

Comments:

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience...

Stan,

My name is Gary and I work for Bright House Networks. I would like to address several of the concerns you have raised and will be sending you my direct contact information.

Chrisemmyta

@orlandotelco.net

Same issues and paying double the price!

I'll start by saying that you literally wrote everything I'm experiencing and concerned with this company the only difference (the worst part too) I pay $145+ every month for this poor service. I'm so upset I've been tempted to cancel my services right away if it wasn't for my apartment complex partnering up with Bright House and including cable in their lease for $80 a month (no HD channels included). I actually pay $65 more a month to get the same channels but HD. Because I cannot make changes to my lease I'm stuck with Bright House until God knows when!
Awaknee

join:2012-11-11
Melbourne, FL

Brighthouse

Apparently, Brighthouse and Dish Networks have a monopoly in this area. I cannot find another isp, and am getting seriously frustrated.

I was hoping to find another isp with better pricing, but that is not in the cards. I hope to hell that Google Fiber comes to Brevard County SOON!

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

Re: Brighthouse

said by Awaknee:

My offer to assist includes you...please read my reply to his review for details.
~All truth goes through three phases. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as self-evident. - Arthur Schopenhauer ~