Bright House page on DSLReports

Review by John97 See Profile

• Location: Spring Hill,Hernando,FL
Good "Speed consistently tests higher, solid connection. Support has been great."
Bad "Issues with original installed equipment, which have been resolved."
Overall "After a few hiccups, happy with my service"

·ooma
I signed up for Brighthouse RoadRunner 40/5 internet with digital phone service. I had initial internet connection issues, which were resolved by a software update of the integrated UBEE router/modem/phone device. However, we started having issues with the phone service. A tech came out and said that the integrated devices have been a problem and he replaced it with two units. I now have an Arris unit which handles the phone service and another Ubee device which handles the internet connection. Everything works perfectly now. I get 46/6 consistently on speed tests.

Update: I upgraded to 60/5 Lightning some time ago. It works very well. Recently, I dropped the Brighthouse phone in favor of Ooma and am considering upgrading to the 90/10 service.

Update #2: I went ahead and dropped the Brighthouse phone service to eliminate the modem rental fees, as I now have my own modem. I ported my phone number to Ooma and bumped my service to the 90/10 tier. It's a perfect solution for me.

member for 13.4 years, 3677 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 recommendation

John,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent Bright House Networks experience. If you need anything at all please let me know.

Gary