Bright House page on DSLReports

Review by zhaunie See Profile

• Location: Orlando,Orange,FL
Good "It works at the advertised speed - plus a little more sometimes"
Bad "Price"
Overall "Solid service, but not great prices."

Speedtest: »www.speedtest.net/result/2619864499.png

We moved into our current house at the very end of November, and brought Bright House along with us. I had considered U-verse, but had tons of things going on, so I put off the decision-making. Up until the bill due in March, the service cost exactly $51/month. Now, they've decided to increase the charge to $52, add a modem fee of $3.50, and that's taxable, so the final price comes out to $55.73.

I'm dissatisfied with the increase in price; especially when reading from others on here the speeds/prices offered in other parts of the country. I'm looking at other providers now.

U-verse offers 12 down at $51/month (after an introductory rate for the first year), so I'm trying to find out what the final monthly bill would be for that.

Comcast in this area has been bad in the past. I hear they're really good in other places, but they acquired Adelphia's assets here - which were terrible. Maybe they've fixed things by now, but I just don't know. They advertise better speeds at lower prices, and their box is actually in my backyard, so maybe it would be ok.

Comments:

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

Thank you for reviewing your recent BHN experience!

If you need anything please let me know.

Gary