Bright House page on DSLReports

Review by CapeFish See Profile

• Location: Wimauma,Hillsborough,FL
Good "Quick setup, courteous customer service, solid speed/low latencies"
Bad "Waiting for better upload speeds"
Overall "Bright House offers a solid cable product"

April 2014: Moved into a brand new house in a new neighborhood and ordered FiOS. After 8 months, got tired of Verizon's bill creep and the difficulty of getting customer service to fix internet connectivity issues. Verizon's truck rolls can cost as much as a month's worth of service! Decided to give Bright House a chance on the recommendation of several neighbors. An advantage to having a new neighborhood is having new cabling…the service has been rock solid so far!

Ordered their $99 Digital Cable/30 MB bundle. Took a few calls to the extremely helpful customer service to handle a couple of issues…

1. The WiFi channel used by BHN's router caused issues, but was promptly changed with a single call.

2. Had some initial connection drop issues which were remedied by upgrading the modem's firmware.

Adding HD cable boxes ($8/mo) and another cable outlet ($40) were easy and much less expensive than with Verizon. There is a $1/mo RSN fee, but it is less than Verizon's which is over $2/mo…and I watch the RSNs a lot. I really like BHN's Auto HD and Start Over. The availability of Bay News 9 is nice, along with the ability to watch many channels on all kinds of devices within the range of my house's WiFi signal.

The only complaint I have is the lack of a MoCA networking option built into any of Bright House's modem list options. I had MoCA with FiOS and would love to install a Motorola SBG6782-AC. I grabbed one for my parents who use Comcast and it works very well. ..please get this modem added to your list.

June 2014 Update: Bright House has added some new modems to their list. I was able to use a Motorola SBG6782-AC as my cable modem and it works well! Love having the MoCA networking for desktops in bedrooms and the dual band WiFi is nice. Been pretty happy with the service so far. Any minor issues with TVEverywhere (my account needed some changes to show I subscribed to TV service) were promptly handled by customer support. So far, I'm happy with service.

member for 7.6 years, 1530 visits, last login: a few minutes ago

Comments:

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

Thank you!

For taking the time to share your recent Bright House Networks experience. If you need anything at all please let me know.

Gary