PHONE POWER page on DSLReports

Review by lineofsight See Profile

• Location: East Saint Louis,Saint Clair,IL
Good "Ultra-Reliable"
Overall "This is the best, cheapest service for the money."

UPDATE 10-17-2012:

A lot of time has passed. I have nothing but good things to say. I consider this VOIP system to be mature. Reliability is excellent. The only weakness has nothing to do with PhonePower. It has to do with reliability of the connection ot the internet on my end.

UPDATE 03-19-2011:

In my second year now. No outages for months. The reliablility is excellent. Making everything even better is the fact that they now allow you to get the SIP credentials, I have got this running using FreePBX!

I have gotten a couple of people to sign up with PP and I got $10 credits for each of us, this is paying the taxes that get charged on the second year of service on the $199 24 month plan.

My current hardware and service setup is Charter 18/2 Internet, a Motorola SB6120 Modem, a Netgear WNDR3700 Router and 2 FreePBX trunks in a PC using 2 Phonepower accounts. I keep the original HT-502 adapter unplugged but ready to go if my FreePBX system were to go down for some reason.

Original Review:

I have had PhonePower since 11-2009, I started off with a new number cloned to both ports, after a few months I decided to make the switch for my AT&T landline to add it to my PhonePower account. They handled the switchover perfectly. I now have my Original PhonePower number on port 1 and my home number on port 2.

I can't be happier. I put a UPS on my Motorola SB5120 Cable Modem, DLink DIR-825 Router and the Grandstream HT-502 that was supplied by PhonePower, just to add reliability in case of power company outage (this happens every once in a while here)

The features I really like are the voicemails via email (wav file) and the ability to quickly forward these numbers via the PhonePower website. The fax by email feature is a nice touch.

member for 11.9 years, 4077 visits, last login: a few hours ago