PHONE POWER page on DSLReports

• Location: Orem,Utah,UT
Good "Standard service OK."
Bad "Awful customer care."
Overall "Would not recommend."

Buyer Beware.

I recently moved my service from Phone Power to another provider but was billed for an additional month just days before my number got ported. Phone Power took my money and will not refund any portion of the unused month. "We do not prorate" is what the tech said. So know that this is a company that will take your money even if they do not provide the service for which they billed you.

Glad I left.

(review was emailed from domain me.com)

Comments:
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

Not unusual.

The majority of VoIP providers and other phone providers, do not give partial month refunds when you leave, unless perhaps it was within an initial trial period.

Cellphone companies don't either....

So this is hardly unusual.

Really

I had a similar issues with TWC, I wouldn't say that particular experience impacted my view of their entire service. To each his own flame on OP flame on. I see this review section has become a place to flame companies.

Buyer Beware of what???
topgun

join:2011-01-31
·PHONE POWER

said by DSM Fan:

Buyer Beware of what???

Come on DSM give the guy a break now he can't afford to take his family out to eat from the BK $1.00 menu
I got the need for speed »bit.ly/topgunparody

Re: Really

I know,the lack of pro rate on his $20 a month service can really balance the books. Sigh we salute you internet flame guy.
topgun

join:2011-01-31
·PHONE POWER

eXcessiVe

join:2006-11-04
united state

How to NOT be taken seriously

Step 1 - Review by (hidden by request)

Step 2 - Say that a pro is "Standard service OK." in the same review where you gave a rating of -
Web-site: 50%
Ease of Installation: 50%
Call Quality: 50%
Reliability: 50%
While the content of the post contained no mention of anything other than a billing gripe.

From my experience, people who post negative reviews anonymously are at the very least trying to mislead. You only hide when you have something to hide. It's like rating your waiter poorly on his attitude because your steak was overcooked.

The force is weak with this one.
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

Re: How to NOT be taken seriously

Excellent points.

PhonePower seems to attract a relatively large number of hostile anonymous [Review by (hidden by request)] reviews, whereas their regular reviews are pretty good.

Re: How to NOT be taken seriously

It is easy to flame someone/thing when you are anonymous. At that point you can make all the crazy unsubstantiated claims you want.