PHONE POWER page on DSLReports

Review by textech See Profile

• Location: Highland Lakes,Sussex,NJ
Good "Price, Website Features, First 2 Years for $199"
Bad "Reliability is bad, Forced 2 Year Contract for acceptable pricing with $99 disconnect fee, Reliablility, Qaulity of sound"
Overall "Do Not Use This Company"

I wanted this Phone Service to work for me badly. There were many things about it I liked, but the Phone became an unreliable nuisance over time. I stuck it out for over 2 years and it progressively got worse. The problems were so intermittent that it made it difficult to get Phone Power to listen to my problems. They required me to keep a log of numbers received, numbers called, dates, times, and description of issue with tasked performed to correct on own. They were a complete drag to deal with. I read so many complaints of others having the same problems I had it was evident they had defects in their service yet they always acted like this was something new to them. Infuriating was what my phone became to me and my family.

I always knew it was PowerPhone, because my business phone was MagicJack and I never encountered issues with their phone service. I used my MagicJack Phone continuously all day and never found myself having an issue with that phone, but the PhonePower phone would cause some communications issue many times throughout the month.

Anyone that must tack on a $99 dollar disconnection fee, must be in the field not for a Valued Service but for a Valueless Service simply for the purpose of taking peoples money.

Learn from me and stay away from this Phone Service.

Comments:
PX Eliezer7
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

Sorry to hear of the problems you reported.

What were the exact issues? What steps did the company take to try to help?

Where do you plan to go from here?
DSM Fan

join:2010-10-04
New Orleans, LA

Contract Termination Fee

"Then there is the $99 disconnect fee they charge you for becoming fed up with the problems you are having. I hate paying unnecessary charges, but over time I was so happy to ditch this Phone I probably would have paid twice that to end my relationship with them."

section 7.3 »www.phonepower.com/services/term···tos.aspx

Don't slam a company because you refuse to read the ToS.

I called my mobile provider to cancel my account and they want $200 per line. This is pretty standard practice for a contract plans. They give you a discount because you are signing a contract for service.
kmclancy

join:2006-07-04
Owens Cross Roads, AL

Re: Contract Termination Fee

Who reads "section .3 »www.phonepower.com/services/term···tos.aspx"

When their up front add says: there is no fee!

See below

About PHONE POWER ..

Residential and Small Business VOIP phone service including a free 2nd line starting at 8.33 per month.

Hosted PBX and Business VOIP services starting at $39.95 per month.

We are so confident you will love our service that we we have No activation fees, No Cancellation fees and No Contract requirements.

Try our top of the line call clarity, reliable network and top notch tech support and you will agree that we are tops in the industry!

PhonePower
join:2007-07-20
Winnetka, CA

3 edits

Re: Contract Termination Fee

Textech: I am disturbed to hear of your issues and have asked my support manager to review your account and get in touch with you. I apologize for what must have been a frustrating period with us. You have my commitment to make things right.

KMClancy: We offer Month to Month, 1 year contract and 2 year contact plans. Clients choose which one they want and in return receive significant discounts of up to 58%. We have No Activation Fees, No Contract Requirements and no Cancellation fees if they choose a no contract plan which is always offered. Clients who choose contract plans are fully aware that they are entering into a contract.

PhonePwrTech

join:2007-07-20

Your service

textech, I see that your most recent attempt to contact support resulted in you stating that you would get back to us with the information that we requested. In most cases our technicians speculations are accurate but we don't want to cause you more grief and headache by replacing a device based on what we think is wrong. It is possible that your hardware was defective and we just needed a date/time or phone number of a call in question that way we could isolate what caused the problem. I would look forward to speaking with you and discussing this mater in person.