Callcentric page on DSLReports

Review by ConstantineM See Profile

• Location: San Jose,Santa Clara,CA
Good "AS27537; an old-timer who's too big to fail, so your numbers are safe :-)"
Bad "lots of bugs and “features” all around; web-site is quite buggy"
Overall "a decent bang for the buck from an established company"

After moving outside of the service area, I've ported my Kitchener-Waterloo mobile phone number to them. The service is overall decent, but there are a number of inconveniences here and there: click2dial is broken and poorly designed to start with, not much documentation on stuff that actually matters to you, clunky web-site with half-functioning features, lack of an iOS app that doesn't suck (their half-baked iOS app from summer 2011 is a joke), lack of SMS support etc.

My biggest complaint is that they don't allow multiple concurrent SIP registrations. This complicates a lot of use cases; I had to get a free OnSIP account in order to use more than one SIP device with Callcentric; but that works, since Callcentric allows you to simultaneously ring up to 3 different numbers (e.g. the local account and two OnSIP.com numbers, whereas each OnSIP number can be configured on multiple devices, so you won't fall short). Second biggest complaint is that they don't provide the "+" prefix on incoming Caller ID.

Overall, they're pretty decent, wholly located in North America (with all local support), and generally seem to care about their customers.

Other than my phonetic KW DID that I buy from Callcentric and occasional international dialling from them, I am using Callcentric as a hub between my free OnSIP accounts that are provisioned on several SIP phones, and IPKall with GV on the other end (unfortunately, GV only allows US-based numbers to be added to the account, and I'm too cheap to pay CC for another NANP DID from Callcentric, otherwise, I'd drop IPKall).

Comments: