Sipgate VOIP page on DSLReports

Review by ArizonaSteve See Profile

• Location: Apache Junction,Pinal,AZ
Good "Cheap but hardly ever works so what's the point?"
Bad "Web page and phone service are both down a lot of the time."
Overall "Stay away"

·T-Mobile US
All the reviews here are years old so it might have worked at one time but not anymore. I would give this service less than one star if I could since it hardly ever works. It was cheap and easy to setup when I signed up for it about a year ago but I can never receive any calls since they usually have my phone listed as OFFLINE even though I know it's not since I have a dialtone and can usually call out. I was able to make a few calls out successfully at first but now there is so much noise on the line that it's hard to hear the other person. Also, when I reach an automated system and need to punch in a number for an extension or some other reason the touch-tones are not recognized properly so it doesn't work.

Their web page goes up and down all the time even though I can ping it and do a tracert that looks like there's no problem reaching it so I guess they just can't keep the server running. Their tech support is the worst! I've contacted the morons at tech support dozens of times over the last few months and at first they denied their was even a problem until I sent the link to the forum on DSL Reports showing that others were having problems too. It seems like they must constantly be under DDOS attack but today I got an email saying: "We have become aware of isolated access issues affecting customers on certain ISPs. However, we have been advised that this should be resolved. I have added some credit to your balance as goodwill due to these issues and to allow testing." The issues have not been resolved.

Their web page still won't come up and to make matters worse they gave me a credit of $0.00! What a bunch of idiots! I paid them $20 to start and still have a credit there I'll probably never see again.

member for 10.4 years, 1235 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
wirelessdog

join:2008-07-15
Queen Anne, MD

Review is without merit

If you review the OP's reviews he gives poor reviews to everyone. The pattern makes it quite obvious this is operator error.
ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ

Re: Review is without merit

The bad reviews are justified because there are so many bad services available here. If someone were to give good service I would give them a good review. Sipgate is honest at least and did refund my money.

XANAVirus
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV
·Callcentric

Re: Review is without merit

I must disagree. I along with several others have used most of the services you give bad reviews towards and have no problem with their services.

Either it's you or your connection, because if it was always the service's fault every single time (which would then mean your reviews are right), then we would be seeing a lot more negative reviews.

Human nature is to post and vent about 'bad' things, while we keep the 'good' under wraps.
It is impossible that all the good reviews are all dishonest, because what would that say about our nature and morals?
ArizonaSteve

join:2004-01-31
Apache Junction, AZ
·T-Mobile US

Re: Review is without merit

XANAVirus, There are lots of crooks here who offer service and will take your money even though they can't deliver. None of them deserve or are getting a good review for providing bad service and trying to cheat me. Even if I wasn't annoyed by the crooks I feel it's my duty to warn others. You are in WV and know nothing about AZ so why don't you keep your opinions to yourself until you come out here and try it? Also, you don't have any reviews for anything I've reviewed. After you actually try them you can comment otherwise you should get a life.
BTW, Sipgate is not a crook. Even though their service never worked they did give me a refund, unlike all the others who were content to steal my money.

XANAVirus
join:2012-03-03
Lavalette, WV
·Callcentric

1 recommendation

Okay then.
That is fine with me, it doesn't really bother me that you don't agree with me.
People fundamentally can't understand each other.

If you feel you must degrade me by stating that I know nothing about AZ, then that is what you must do even though it is not currently relevant.

If you want to you may offer any other words that you believe will degrade me, however pointless and unnecessary they may be.

I am aware that there are lots of crooks everywhere.

Telling me to get a life is irrelevant to your review.
As regarding my life, your review does not involve my life in any way so therefore you have gone off-topic and that was unnecessary for you to do.

Very well, then, it is good that you have gotten your desired refund.

So therefore you are satisfied and you may attempt to find another provider which I may or may not comment on.

It really has no importance to me whether I should or not comment, I simply decided to do so and it had no effect on you.