Earthlink Cable Modem Service page on DSLReports

Review by loli See Profile

• Location: New York,New York,NY
Good "Great Speeds, Great Service, Console Friendly"
Bad "None Yet"
Overall "Great Cable service for the price"

It was a Friday afternoon and I was able to convince my parents to get cable. On Saturday I called through Time Warner to order cable internet. All went well. Time Warner transferred me to Earthlink and I was talking to the representative. He offered me to have some one install it or self-installation. I went for the self-install since its so easy. They offered to mail it and it would take a day or two but I was anxious and decided I should pick it up downtown. 10 minutes subway ride and I got my package no problem. Went back home and after I got the cables attached and everything, one hour later my modem was blinking and was online right away.

A few minutes after I was online I was not satisfied with what I saw. I was geting 1070/370. I'm supposed to get 2000/384 sooo I went to this site and tweaked the connection a bit. Now I'm getting constant 2100/364. Love using it for my Playstation 2 and PC games. Now I set up a wireless network and have 2 comps connected to it.

Update 04/17/09 : No issues still. Great latency still and low VOIP price due to their discount. Still hoping on FIOS though.

Update 06/16/12: After so many years, I will no longer have service in a few days. Will be moving over to Verizon FIOS. No issues otherwise.

member for 12.1 years, 6501 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

loli
join:2002-08-26