Millenicom page on DSLReports

Review by Mr Matt See Profile

• Location: Eustis,Lake,FL
Good "Now using Verizons 4G network."
Bad "Verizon is jerking Millenicom around impacting their customers service. "
Overall "Expensive with 20GB cap for $89.00 per month and an additional $89.00 if 20 GB cap reached to continue service."

I ordered the advanced VO 20 GB package from Millenicom. the service rides on the Verizon network. I ordered service early on a Monday morning and received modem in three days via priority mail.

Installation of modem driver and mobile link 3 was completed successfully even though Windows nagware tried to screw things up. Plugged modem into USB port and Windows immediately demanded that I provide disc containing a driver, before I was able to download driver and application file from modem's on board flash ROM. Once application and driver was unzipped the installation went flawlessly.

So far I am very satisfied with the service. I ordered a Cradlepoint MBR-1000 which I just received. Once I get the router set up I will see if the wireless connection can replace my Comcast connection. So far the Comcast usage meter has never indicated over 3GB downloaded during any month so far since it was introduced.

I will post my speeds as soon as I complete installation to the MBR-1000 Router.

Updated 7/11/14

Service now uses Verizon's 4G LTE Network and wireless hotspots. Excellent speed when Verizon has not throttled customer to 200 KBPS because they exceeded 2 GB of usage, even though Verizon is not suppose to. $59.00 was a reasonable price for broadband service, $89.00 not so much. Verizon seems to want Millenicom to go away. Millenicom provides good service.

member for 6.8 years, 1845 visits, last login: a few hours ago