Millenicom page on DSLReports

Review by Wartrace See Profile

• Location: Wartrace,Bedford,TN
Good "If it worked the cap is almost realistic"
Bad "It started out "ok" but now my top download speed is under 100kbps"
Overall "The reliability is terrible and I have not been able to get any help."

I switched from satilite. For the first year my service was "ok", never saw the "up to" speeds of 1.2mbps but I did see speeds in the 600kbps range. This past fall (2010) it all went to poop. My download speeds are mostly below 100kbps while the upload speeds are in the 400kbps range. VERY RARELY will I see a burst of speed even close to 600kbps.

Millenicom tech support & verizon have given up on trying to help. The tower is less than 5 miles away. They claim it is on my end. I tried two different computers, with/without antenna. It works great right at the tower site but at 5 miles away it is poop.

Millenicom "offered" to let me cancel. I have over 250 dollars of equipment sunk into this folly. I will have to cough up another 300 dollars to get reconnected to satilite again. NOTHING HAS CHANGED ON MY END.

Sure- MAYBE it will work out for you. It worked for me for a while until verizon changed something at my local tower (coinkydink it was right during the 4G rollout that my service crapped out?????)

Was it worth the 500 dollars I lost? Heck no.

Comments: