Millenicom page on DSLReports

Review by applerule See Profile

• Location: Weaverville,Buncombe,NC
Good "Verizon/Sprint network for cheaper price, no contract..."
Bad "None that I can think of right now..."
Overall "Go with them...they are cheaper than Sprint/Verizon and you get the same coverage."

·US Cellular
·Frontier Communi..
I'm on the 20gb hotspot plan that uses the Verizon network. It comes with the Novatel 4620LE. I already had a Pantech UML290 modem, and I just simply removed the SIM from the Novatel, and moved it to my UML290 (with a SIM adapter). I've had no problems with the service, and I get exactly the same performance and coverage I was getting with Verizon. I hope that by the time Sprint 4G rolls out in my area that Millenicom has a 50G/unlimited device for them.

My device arrived in about 4 days after ordering, which is insanely quick considering I paid only for standard shipping and I'm on the east coast (they are based on the west coast).

I have not used their tech support yet, so I cannot comment on that aspect.

I plan on doing business with them for a long time, and would recommend them to anyone who needs 3g/4g internet.

member for 1.9 years, 320 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:

kirkdj

@charter.com

HEY applerule

Hey I live outside Weaverville soon and will soon be looking for new internet service.........what kind of speeds are you getting? do you know where the towers are located? are you on 3g or 4g? other problems? Any other info on the service or system will be appreciated.....
Mr_Thomas

join:2013-02-25
·Millenicom

check me out

Millenicom is the best in my area of Alabama, in the woods with no one around 1000 yards. surrounded by trees. Verizon 4g lte was taking a shot but it paid off big time with the Wilson booster. I get speeds of 14 -22 Mbps downloads and 4-5 Mbps uploads and 59 - 30 ping. This is very very go for my area i get no other internet service out here not even dial up. I use straight talk phone service which is pretty good also and i think they are on the Verizon Tower. 20g is alot of data unlimited would be better by 20g will do for now. If you are in doubt chose Millenicom!!