| Review by espaeth |
member for 12 years, 3765 visits, last login: a few hours ago
updated 222 days ago
- $8 per month
- (month by month)
- "Economical DIDs when signing up through PIAF offer, consistent voice quality on DIDs, $10 one-time charge for LiDB/CNAM listing"
- "Termination quality more variable than origination. Calls can be great to mediocre."
- "Solid provider that has been incredibly consistent over the last few months"
Ease of Installation:
Value for money:
Update 10/2012: Time passes and Vitelity continues to be rock solid. In fact, the only outage I can really remember was when they lost power in the data center hosting their gear a couple years ago. Over the last few years I've noticed their termination has started to be consistently better, and they will be taking on the vast majority of my outbound traffic as soon as I run down a few prepaid balances.
Update 12/09: Things are still going great with Vitelity for my DIDs I have hosted with them. The only minor issue I've encountered was DTMF issues on one of my DIDs (may have been rate center related) that was resolved by porting that particular number out to another provider. Not a big deal considering the consistent good audio quality and reliability I get on my other DIDs hosted with Vitelity. Still highly recommended.
I signed up with Vitelity towards the end of 2008 under the PBX In a Flash promotion. Their subscriber portal is more complete than other providers I've seen -- automating all elements necessary for number porting, and allowing for individual DID selection from their available number pools.
The features I find most compelling from Vitelity include:
- Reasonable cost DID origination service, with included failover to a PSTN number when incoming calls encounter CHAN UNAVAIL.
- Emails are sent out when incoming calls hit the failover number, so you get a heads up that something needs to be looked at.
- Reasonably priced termination costs of US48, including completely free tollfree calling through their service (although CID digits are not properly passed on TF calls)
- For a $10 one-time charge they will populate the LiDB/CNAM DB with your desired information so that when you source the Vitelity DID digits for outbound calls, CallerID lookups will function to most destinations.
I have no problems recommending Vitelity to others; they have been absolutely rock solid for me.