Vitelity VOIP page on DSLReports

Review by kd6cae See Profile

• Location: Bakersfield,Kern,CA
Good "Awesome call quality, let's you set your own caller ID"
Bad "None at this time that I can blame on Vitelity specifically"
Overall "Good service if you are one that wants to set your own CID and configure your own settings"

I've been using vitelity for a little while now and it works well. Mainly designed as a trunk provider for PBX's no doubt, it has a cool feature that I don't think any other consumer VOIP provider offers. You can set your own Caller ID and provided the software or hardware you're using sends Caller ID correctly, vitelity will pass it along. This is handy since I only use them for outbound calls, and want to have a number displayed that people I call can return my calls at, such as my google voice or cell number, depending who I call. I've had issues getting some of the softphones I've tried to use to pass caller ID to vitelity, however the Acrobits softphone, which I use for VOIP on my iPhone, works very well. I tried using 3cx phone and expresstalk on the PC, and those I have yet to get to send caller ID correctly, and as yet I'm not sure why, or even if I can do that with those softphones. Vitelity as a whole though has awesome call quality, and I'm surprised there's not more reviews for them on here. You do need to know how to set up your device, but once set up, Vitelity works well.

member for 13.1 years, 3496 visits, last login: a few hours ago