Wifi45 page on DSLReports

Review by tanyapaige See Profile

• Location: Blooming Grove,Navarro,TX
Good "Broadband service available in a rural area"
Bad "Service is spotty and very low speeds."
Overall "If there was another option I would take it."

I can see the tower from my living room window - it is all of 1000 yards away from me, yet my speeds are some of the WORST. Using speediest.net tonight, I show download speed at 1.01mbps and upload at .11 mbps Followed up with pingtest.net and got ping 265 ms and jitter 72 ms.

If I had another option, I would be on it. For $50 a month, I have yet to reach even close to their advertised speeds. I am very glad I didn't fork out the $100 per month package.

6/2/13 Update:

I am sitting in Starbucks in Ennis so I can access the Internet since I need it for work and school. I have now been without any service at all for three weeks. Have left 5 voicemails and of course no call back. But they did manage to bill me on time in full again. I am so sick of them. I have a pasture if someone wants to put a tower up we can all use - this really is ridiculous. Filed a BBB complaint - maybe then they will call me back? I know it's the only option where I am....But how do they stay in business? This really is ridiculous. Spotty Internet was better than this.

May 25,2014 update

No internet for two weeks. However, the phone does now have a voicemail message on it instead of after four rings disconnection. But of course they still won't call back. I called Millenicom and ClearWire but that is a no go as I cannot switch my wireless. So here we sit. 50 gb on AT&T would cost $500. I have filed 2 BBB complaints and they won't even return calls or letters to BBB. So I can only use my cell phone. Run do not walk if approached by this company!

Comments:
patt2k

join:2009-01-16

Millenicom

Hey I hope I can help out a bit. Seems like Wireless is your only option.

What is your Sprint/Verizon Coverage? I know many people use Clearwire or Millenicom.

CLearwire is 50$ unlimited or 34.99 for 1.5 mbps I think.

Millenicom is 50GB monthly on Verizon Wireless and unlimited I think on Sprints.

You should really try to check it out usually verizon is good in many areas.
patt2k

join:2009-01-16

Re: Millenicom

Based on zip code : 76626

You do have coverage of 4G LTE with Verizon.

Go with Millenicom asap! 50GB is better then dial up speeds.. by the way do not go with Verizon homefusion it's more expensive and less a MONTH but millenicom has deals with vzw/sprint.
ITGeeks

join:2014-04-20
Cleveland, OH

BBB

The thing with the BBB is they have no teeth in making them return emails/letters. They're just a group of people that try to play middleman.

Try court or reversing the charges back to the ISP.
srduo

join:2014-05-29
Corsicana, TX

WIFI 45

I know your pain! This business must be run by duct-tape and bailing wire. We were out for three days weekend before last and now we've been down the last two days. We can't even see the tower broadcasting this time around. Calling is a joke too. Still get a mix of the usual auto-hangups after 5 rings and a voice mailbox for Melinda. Leaving a message doesn't help because they won't return the call. I have managed to talk to John once and a couple techs a few times over the last couple years and they have been far from the monsters I've seen posts about, but contact is few and far between, especially if there is an issue with service being down. If you have a credit or debit card on file with them, they will autobill as well without authorization. I removed the option for that some months ago when online billing actually WORKED yet they are still doing it. When it is working it's only working well 1/2 the time. The other half the consistency of service absolutely sucks! Don't bother trying to stream anything unless you're capable of buffering well ahead to compensate for the jitter and interference. I've heard they have issues with IPv6, AT&T's lines, lightening striking towers, equipment replacements and upgrades, towers, even that it is the customers obligation to understand the limitations of radio communications and the application of Internet communications to it. Everything except accepting responsibility for having shoddy service. The absolutely frustrating part is their deliberate lack of effort to notify anyone that there is an issue. Just how hard is it to send out a mass email to customers saying hey, we're having issues and attempting to resolve them!! Flat out inconsiderate of their customers!!!! They would probably be surprised how many fewer phone calls they would get if they would at the least have the common courtesy to keep its paying customers informed!!! If other options are available... I'de suggest flying faster than running away from this company and avoiding the technology completly if possible.I keep hoping it will change, but it seems a wasted hope.