voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by Motofreak See Profile

• Location: Oshawa,ON
Good "Glad to see they relocated their servers, faster porting times & free (USA only)"
Bad "I have no issues for my needs, "
Overall "I give it now 8.5/10 and rising for the past few years."

·Start Communicat..
06/06/2014
Since they moved to Steadfast their Chicago service are flawless, We mainly use them for a DID provider now and toll free and backup sip outbound.

Keep up the good work.

7/30/2012

They fixed all the issues I had with E911. I used the E911 a few more times in the past year, with out a hiccup

a few minor hiccups with servers dropping off once it a while. 7.5 to 8 out of 10

thanks

11/11/11 review

its been a few years using them. And I feel torn about this review

The pros:

* Cost, their prices around a good stand point. a true savings over companies like Rogers and Bell, even Vonage (if you don't talk a lot)
* Easy to order new numbers from a great selection of DIDs they truly have a great selection,
* Their porting department has improved by leaps and bounds
* Features , well I don't use most of them, but they have a ton of calling features!
* The amount of information on their website and wiki dwarfs the competition (maybe too much info? )

The Cons after two years

* E911 failures happened twice for me with two different DID's one for a gravely ill man and the NRC had the wrong address even though the address was correct in the VoIP.ms E911 section, it took a long time to get to the the correct PSAP, The second issue was a fire, and took over 4 minutes to get a PSAP dispatch to get the fire trucks rolling. This is caused by the CRTC mandate, again out of the hands of VoIP.ms but I have ZERO confidence in the E911 services/NRC that VoIP.ms uses. I know its not VoIP.ms that mess this up, but it's VoIP.ms that selected this company to offer to its customers, so really I feel VoIP.ms partly fault to blame to some degree for this. Because I know I am not the only one that has the address issue with this, I read another report on this forum of having the same address issues when he called 911. (ref's will be post when I find it)

* Tech support is mostly great, but a few times I have VoIP.ms personal not even bothering in actual reading the ticket to find out what I was asking, they just quickly reply to keywords in my ticket to the wiki or FAQ type answers, it was very frustrating when you have to ask the same question five times before someone actual answered me. And by that time I was so mad, I didn't even say thanks!

* The value routing is lacking, does not pass CLI so the callee doesn't know who is calling, I stopped sending outbound calling to VoIP.ms, because of grey routes/aka value routing, I found many other carriers that offer that pass CLI for the same price of the VoIP.ms value routing.

* Their Canadian toll-free routing is lacking in passing the correct ANI number of the callers phone number, making it extremely difficult in calling many Ontario and other Canadian Toll free numbers

So I guess you can read why I'm torn,