voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by nunya See Profile

• Location: O Fallon,Saint Charles,MO
Good "Easy account setup. Everything"
Bad "None at this time"
Overall "I like it so far"

·Charter
·surpasshosting
After having continuous (hourly) problems with my Vitelity outbound trunks, I decided to do something proactive. (Vitelity has decided to sell, but no longer support IAX2)

I posted in the VoIP forum for some opinions on providers who support IAX2. I use Asterisk, and do not care for SIP on the WAN side (for a variety of reasons I'll not go in to). VoIP.ms was one of the mentioned. After visiting their site and creating a free account (to ensure system registration), I dropped the $25 for a PAYGO credit.

At this time, I only use VoIP.ms for outbound trunks. Who knows? I may port over my DIDs in the future.

The only drawback I've had is an "international service" fee of $.75 from VISA because the payment is to Canada. I think this is a VISA issue and not a VoIP.ms

issue. It would be cool if they could set something up to circumvent this though. It seems like they might have an office in Texas.

*Update 10/10*

I have started porting DIDs to VoIP.ms. While a little on the pricey side ($25 per DID), I found it necessary to get off of Vitelity (ironically, VoIP.ms uses Vitelity for some of their services). Vitelity has abandoned the IAX2 protocol. VoIP.ms has continued to embrace IAX2, so I will stick with them. I still don't want to mess with SIP outside my firewall.

*Update 4/11*

I've moved all of my DID's to VoIP.ms. I haven't had any service problems. I wish VoIP.ms would offer the vFax service.

*Update 6/11* I added some more DID's to VoIP.ms. Continuing to enjoy the service.

*Update 01/14* Still with VoIP.ms. Continue to recommend them to my customers.

member for 13.9 years, 6212 visits, last login: a few hours ago

Comments:
LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC

Payment

I pay with Visa through PayPal, no hidden fee!