voip.ms page on DSLReports

Review by Rastan See Profile

• Location: Canada
Good "Reliable, great quality, fairly inexpensive"
Bad "Expensive if you use a lot of minutes"
Overall "Solid service"

·TekSavvy DSL
I'm paying about $5/month. Here's the breakdown:
$1.49/month for a phone number (DID) and around $3.20 - $3.60/month for local and long distance calls. No 911 service.

When I signed up I paid with Paypal and I was able to setup my account instantly. There were a few snags setting it up with my Linksys PAP2-NA but I was able to get through to their online tech support pretty quickly and they helped me configure a few settings and everything has worked fine since then.

The service has been reliable. I haven't noticed any downtime and the quality of the calls is great. They provide two types of routing for outgoing calls: premium and value. The rates for premium routing are a bit expensive when compared to other VOIP providers but their value rates are good.

If you don't plan on using many minutes then I highly recommend VOIP.ms. However, if you anticipate that you will use the line regularly then this might not be the service for you. Heavy users would probably go for the $4.95/month option that includes unlimited incoming calls. Outgoing local calls are are not included.

VOIP.MS also offers many great features such as Direct Inward System Access (DISA), which allows you to configure your account in a way that will let you (or anyone else you give access to) call your number, enter a pin # and gain access to your account. You are then able to place calls from your VOIP.ms account from wherever you are. You can also setup sub accounts, an IVR and there are many other features as well.

In conclusion, unless you're a heavy user I highly recommend checking out this company.

Update: 09/24/11

My rating remains unchanged. There have been a few problems with server I primarily use but I haven't noticed much downtime. It's been a solid service from the start. Highly recommended.

Update: 11/08/12

My rating is the same. VOIP.ms continues to be a solid and reliable service that offers great features.

Update: 02/02/14

My rating is still unchanged. Aside from a couple of minor problems, VOIP.ms continues to provide a great VoIP service.

Comments: